3 Easy Tips
Benefits of meal planning: When you plan, your grocery list is clear and shopping is more efficient cutting down the last minute trips for a few items.
Mostly, it helps you not raid the fridge when you are starving because you have it all planned out and food is on hand.
I can't wait to take my own advice:)
Mix It Up: Alternate between new and old favorite recipes, check out blogs & ask your friends.
Seasonal: What fresh produce is available? Is it soup or salad weather?
Picture the plate: As you plan, remember vegetables & fruits cover half your plate, lean protein covers a quarter and the rest should be whole grains if you do that kind of thing.
Need some inspiration?
Cook up the paleo recipes from one of our favs, Elaine Valenza Opdahl, Nutrtionist
For the Burgers
*1 pound (455 grams) ground buffalo
*¼ medium red onion, minced
*1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
*1 teaspoon granulated garlic
*Salt and pepper, to taste
* Sliced red onions
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the burgers without overworking the meat.
2. Divide meat into 3 equal portions and form into ½-inch (12-mm)-thick patties. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each burger. Set aside.
3. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
4. Once grill is hot, place the burgers on the grill and close the lid. Cook 6 minutes.
5. Flip the burgers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Remove the burgers from grill and let rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. To assemble the burgers, place each on a bed of lettuce and top with sliced red onions, ¼ cup guacamole and tomato.
Kale Superfood Salad
* 1 bunch Kale, Stems removed, massaged, and leaves chopped
* 1/4 whole Red Onion, Diced
* 1 cup Raw Carrot, Shredded
* 1 cup Blueberries, Fresh
* 1/2 cup Cherry Tomato, Halved
* 1/2 cup Organic Dried Cranberries, Dried, sweetened
* 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
* . cup walnut pieces
* 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
* 1/2 tsp Salt
1. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk vinegar, olive oil, salt, and sugar together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
2. Toss kale, edamame, tomatoes, red onion, carrot, blueberries, dried cranberries, nuts, and sunflower seeds together in a bowl. Pour about half the dressing over the mixture and toss to coat. If it looks a little dry, add more dressing.
3. Chill in fridge for about an hour before serving.
U are a Wunder